Despite the recent announcement from the UK Government, we know that some households are struggling with their energy costs. We’ve sourced as much information we can around help and support that’s currently available for households during this difficult time.
If you are struggling with either your energy or your rent payments, please contact us and ask to speak to your Housing Officer.
Did you know that every year innocent people are injured or killed due to meter tampering. Keep your family safe, if you see it, report it. Visit the 'Stay Energy Safe' website for more information.
- Energy grants from suppliers.
- Support from the UK Government explained.
- Grants, help and support
- Resources and tips on saving energy.
If you can’t get a grant from the supplier, you may be able to get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust. These grants are available to anyone - you don’t have to be a British Gas customer to be eligible.
We currently await information from the UK Government if further support will be given in Spring 2023. If anything is announced, we will update this section accordingly.
Both local and national groups are working hard to help as many as they can through advice and support during these challenging times. These are but not limited to:
- Advice Direct Scotland offer FREE practical advice on energy related matter for the people in Scotland. Their website also has informatrion on other topics.
- Contacting your supplier directly to what advice or support may be available to you.
- Financial Fitness who offer FREE and impartial financial advice to the local Inverclyde community. This includes money advice, comprehensive benefits checks and lots more. Call Financial Fitness on 01475 729239 or visit their website for more information.
- Home Energy Scotland offers FREE and impartial advice on energy saving for both homeowners and renters by calling their helpline on 08088 082 282. Funding is also available for eligible homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their home.
- What to do if you’re struggling to pay your energy bills by Money Saving Expert.
- The Wise Group help to delivery FREE and impartial energy advice and advocacy support to help people in the UK stay in control of their energy bills, to keep warm and well at home. Their Heat team can be contacted on 0800 092 9002.